Viennese Cherry Cheese Torte
From GREAT AMERICAN BRAND NAME RECIPES COOKBOOK, page 356.
"This is a great recipe, easy to make, and everyone always raves and thinks you spent hours! I haven't made it for years and had misplaced my recipe. I logged on hoping to find something similar and there was the original. My family has been making this torte for over 30 years. We have even created a cupcake version with miniture cupcakes for a festive party creation. I use 3 - 8" cake pans and do it that way as opposed to slicing the cooled layers, still works great and takes half the time."- Deb1958
8 people want to try | 40 have favorited
Viennese Cherry Cheese Torte Preparation
1. Preheat oven to 375. Grease and flour two 8x1 1/2 or 9x1 1/2 inch round layer pans
2. Combine dry cake mix, eggs, butter, and water in large mixer bowl. Mix, bake, and cool as directed on package. Refrigerate layers to make splitting easier. Split each cake into 2 thin layers.
3. For filling, beat cream cheese, sugar, nutmeg, and milk until smooth.
4. Place one layer on cake plate. Spread with 1/2 cup cream cheese filling; top with 1/2 cup cherry filling. Repeat layers, ending with cake layer.
5. Spread remaining cream cheese filling over top layer and top with remaining cherry filling.
6. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Viennese Cherry Cheese Torte Reviews
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on:
Tweets by @bigoven