Braised Lamb Shanks with Merlot Wine Sauce
Try this Braised Lamb Shanks with Merlot Wine Sauce recipe, or contribute your own. "Dinner" and "Main Dish" are two of the tags cooks chose for Braised Lamb Shanks with Merlot Wine Sauce."It took twenty minutes to prep and brown the lamb and chop the veggies. it took ten minutes to thicken the sauce at the end of the cooking cycle.
The merlot really made the sauce.
I did take the liquid from the dutch oven and reduce it further by maybe a fourth to thicken the sauce, but it would not have ben necessary." - LindyLee
Yield: 4 Ready in 45 minutes
13 people trying soon
Braised Lamb Shanks with Merlot Wine Sauce Preparation
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. In a Dutch oven, heat the olive oil.
3. Season lamb and flour with salt and pepper; dredge lamb in flour and place lamb in Dutch oven. Add tomato paste and brown shanks well on all sides.
4. Add wine, vegetables and both kinds of stock to the pan; cover and bring to a boil.
5. Place in oven on center rack and braise for 1-1/2 hours.
6. Remove lamb from pan and keep warm.
7. Strain the sauce through a strainer. Degrease sauce and add seasoning. Reduce if necessary.
8. Place lamb on platter and serve with fresh rosemary.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?