Foie Gras and Portobello Beggar's Purses
Try this Foie Gras and Portobello Beggar's Purses recipe, or contribute your own. "French" and "Appetizers" are two of the tags cooks chose for Foie Gras and Portobello Beggar's Purses.
Yield: 1 Ready in 45 minutes
favorite of 5 people 0 people want to try
Foie Gras and Portobello Beggar's Purses Preparation
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Stack three phyllo dough sheets for each beggar's purse, brushing each layer with olive oil and dusting with salt and pepper before adding the next one.
3. Place a small cleaned portobello in the center of each phyllo stack, stem side up, forming a 'cup' for the foie gras.
4. Place 1 tablespoon of foie gras in the 'cup' of the portobello.
5. Pull up the sides of the phyllo stack to form the purse. Tie with butcher's twine. Refrigerate if necessary.
6. Bake the purses at 350 until golden brown. Remove from oven, let them rest for a few minutes.
7. Remove butcher's twine. Cut in half vertically to expose interior garnish.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Foie Gras and Portobello Beggar's Purses Reviews
Oh, please post a picture of this - it sounds intriging! Thanks, Taby
6 years, 8 months, 1 weeks, 6 days, 9 hours, 23 minutes ago
[I posted this recipe.]
6 years, 10 months, 3 weeks, 2 days, 15 hours, 34 minutes ago
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on: