Ready in 45 minutes
Try this Cheese And Bacon Potato Cake (Pommes des Vengangeurs) recipe, or contribute your own. "French" and "Side Dish" are two of the tags cooks chose for Cheese And Bacon Potato Cake (Pommes des Vengangeurs).
3 people want to try | 15 have favorited
EQUIPMENT: One ovenproof 9-inch round baking pan, preferrably non-stick.
1. Preheat the oven to 425.
2. Butter the bottom and sides of the pan. Arrange the bacon slices, spiral fashion, on the bottom and sides of the pan. Allow the bacon to drape over the edge. Set aside.
3. Peel the potatoes, rinse under cold running water, and pat dry. Slice into thin rounds, rinse again, and dry thoroughly in a thick towel.
4. Arrange one third of the potato slices on top of the bacon, and sprinkle with one third of the grated cheese. Repeat, creating two additional layers of potatoes and cheese. Fold the overhanging bacon onto the top of the potatoes.
5. Bake, uncovered, until the potatoes offer no resistance when pierced with a knife, 40 to 50 minutes.
6. Remove the pan from the oven and transfer it to a rack. Let it rest, still covered, for 15 minutes, so that the potatoes will unmold easily. Unmold the potatoes onto a warmed serving platter, season generously with freshly ground black pepper, and serve, cut into wedges.
Guest, you can Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?