Twice-Baked Potato Casserole
This recipe is SO GOOD! It makes ALOT!
I usually freeze half for another meal.
You can also use reduced-fat and low-sodium ingredients."This casserole is delicious, easy to make, and refrigerates well if you make it a day in advance. I substitute yogurt for the sour cream, do not add bacon, I add chopped pimentos and I also use a low fat cream cheese and only add half the amount of cheddar cheese. I've also mashed a can of chick peas with the mixture and sometimes dice up an orange or yellow pepper. It's a keeper and family or company ... it's always gone ... everyone loves this casserole." - summerpls
Yield: 12 Servings Ready in 1 hours, 30 minutes
3,342 people trying soon
Verified by stevemur
Twice-Baked Potato Casserole Preparation
1. Heat oven to 350.
2. Lightly coat a 3 qt. shallow baking dish with non-stick spray.
3. Cook potatoes in just enough water to cover for 20 - 25 minutes, until tender when pierced.
4. Drain in a colander and return to pot.
5. Add butter to potatoes, mash with a potato masher until smooth.
6. Stir in 2 c. cheese, milk, sourcream and eggs until blended.
7. Then add onions and bacon bits, reserving a few tablespoons of each for garnish.
8. Stir in salt and pepper.
9. Spoon into prepared baking dish.
10. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 c. cheese and bacon.
11. Bake, uncovered, 40 minutes or until top is lightly golden.
12. Sprinkle with remaining onions.
Mash potatoes while still hot, to prevent them from becoming gummy.
I use a food mill or ricer to mash potatoes.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Twice-Baked Potato Casserole Reviews
There are no tags on this recipe. Log in to add tags.