Ready in 45 minutes
I usually double this recipe and get about 18 or 20 muffins.
"Awesome muffins! I doubled the recipe and added some flax seed meal, and they turned out great! I too had no buttermilk and subbed milk and plain yogurt as the previous reviewer did."- amygraham1
46 people want to try | 74 have favorited
Top-ranked recipe named "Jane's Blueberry Oat Muffins"
1. Combine oats and buttermilk in a bowl & let stand while you get everything else ready.
2. Preheat oven to 400F. Combine flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt and brown sugar in another bowl and stir well to blend - make sure brown sugar lumps are broken up.
3. Add egg and melted butter to oat mixture and stir.
4. Add oat mixture all at once to dry ingredients and stir until all ingredients are moistened.
5. Gently fold in blueberries.
6. Fill well-greased muffin cups full. Bake for 15-22 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched.
BigOven makes mealtime easy!
You may also enjoy:
Jwebby05 1 year agoYum!!! Had to add a bit more milk. These are fantastic!
susieq_64 1 year agoI just made these muffins and they are really good. I did have to add a bit more milk and I put in a tsp.of cinnamon for flavour. I will be making these again for sure.
amygraham1 1 year agoAwesome muffins! I doubled the recipe and added some flax seed meal, and they turned out great! I too had no buttermilk and subbed milk and plain yogurt as the previous reviewer did.
sarahfromage 5 years agoWonderful and moist. I substituted 3/4 cup milk and 1/4 cup plain yogurt for the buttermilk and it turned out great.
ShannaBanana 7 years ago[I posted this recipe.]