Chicken Pie with Phyllo
Another one that I can't wait to try - but even though I haven't - I don't see why everyone else shouldn't enjoy first!
Yield: 8 Ready in 45 minutes
favorite of 11 people 3 people want to try
Verified by stevemur
Chicken Pie with Phyllo Preparation
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Oven Temp: 180C / 350F / Gas Mark 4
1. Remove the skin and bones from the chickens and cut into small, bite-size pieces.
2. In a large saucepan, melt half the butter over medium heat. Add the onion and stir through, then add the chicken pieces and stir through again. Remove from the heat.
3. In a deep bowl, lightly beat the eggs, then add the cream, dill and nutmeg to the mixture and combine. Season to taste.
4. Melt the remaining butter over low heat. Brush 4 sheets of phyllo with a little butter and lightly place on top of one another. Line an oven-proof dish with the brushed sheets, sides overlapping on the edges.
5. Spoon the chicken into the phyllo and sprinkle with feta. Top with the egg mixture.
6. Butter the remaining sheets of phyllo and place them on top to cover the chicken. Fold back the overlapping sheets and lightly pinch together the edges.
7. Brush the top with butter and bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Chicken Pie with Phyllo Reviews
[I posted this recipe.]
6 years, 6 months, 3 weeks, 5 days, 17 hours, 11 minutes ago
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on: