Mochaccino Microwave Cake
I've made this twice. Both times I couldn't believe it worked. If you are making this as a last minute - oh no we have company company coming dessert - make sure you do it as soon as you can. It does need to cool before you start playing with it otherwise it you might deflate it. In the end - this must be one of the best recipes I have ever come across!
Yield: 8 Ready in 45 minutes
favorite of 18 people 8 people want to try
Verified by stevemur
|5 ounceCake flour|
|3/4 ounceCocoa powder|
|1 tablespoonBaking Powder|
|1/2 poundCastor sugar|
|1/4 poundButter; melted|
|1/2 cupCoffee; strongly brewed & cooled|
|-- TOPPING --|
|1/4 poundCastor sugar|
|3 tablespoonsCoffee liqueur; or strong coffee|
|3 1/2 ouncesDark chocolate; or milk, broken into pieces|
|1 3/4 ouncesBrazil nuts; coarsly chopped & toasted|
Mochaccino Microwave Cake Preparation
Prep Time: 15 mins; Cook Time: 15 mins
1. Sift the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder & a pinch of salt in a large bowl. Whisk the remaining ingredients in a seperate bowl, then stir the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients until smooth. Pour into a greased 22 cm (9") microwave-safe cake tube.
2. Place the cake in the microwave on top of an inverted microwave-safe pie dish & cook on high for 7 mins. Remove from oven & leave to stand.
3. Topping - Heat the castor sugar & 90ml water in a microwave safe jug on high for 5 mins. Stir in the liqueur or coffee. Drizzle half the syrup over the cake in the tube while it is still slightly warm, then set aside to cool completely.
4. Melt the chocolate in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until smooth.
5. Turn the cake out onto a serving plate. Drizzle with the rest of the syrup & then the chocolate. Top w/ brazil nuts & serve.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Mochaccino Microwave Cake Reviews
[I posted this recipe.]
6 years, 6 months, 2 weeks, 2 days, 4 hours, 32 minutes ago
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on: