Chicken Marbella (by Angela Stanco Kidder)
Try this Chicken Marbella (by Angela Stanco Kidder) recipe, or contribute your own. "Main Dish" and "Advance" are two of the tags cooks chose for Chicken Marbella (by Angela Stanco Kidder)."I made this on the grill. I did grill the chicken pieces directly; I used a baking dish (basically using my grill as an oven). This recipe really works well! I would suggest NOT including the brown sugaring the general marinade, nor the wine. It is far better to arrange the chicken and marinade in your pan, THEN dust it with brown sugarer and pour in the wine (slowly so as not to wash off the brown sugar). The brown sugar on top helps Formosa a type of crust. " - LincolnshireLad
Yield: 10 Ready in 45 minutes
Cuisine: ItalianMain Ingredient:
20 people trying soon
|quartered or boneless chicken breast|
|1 headGarlic; peeled and finely pureed|
|1/4 cupDried Oregano|
|1/2 cupRed wine vinegar|
|1/2 cupolive oil|
|1 cupPrunes; pitted|
|1/2 cupSpanish green olives; pitted|
|1/2 cupCapers; with a bit of juice|
|6 Bay Leaves|
|1 cupBrown sugar|
|1 cupWhite wine|
|1/4 cupItalian parsley or cilantro; finely chopped|
|salt and pepper; to taste|
Chicken Marbella (by Angela Stanco Kidder) Preparation
* Put all ingredients in a large ziplock bag (except parsley or cilantro) and refrigerate overnight.
* Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
* Arrange chicken in a single layer in a shallow pan, spooning marinade over chicken evenly.
* Bake chicken pieces 50 minutes to one hour. (Boneless pieces will require less cooking time, 20-30 minutes).
* Garnish with parsley, if desired.
* May be served hot, with juices spooned over or cooled to room temperature, refrigerated and served later.
** If you cook the chicken and it seems dry as it is cooking, spoon juices over the top of chicken.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?