Pasta Fagioli (by Emily Ruisi Stanco)
from my dear Mother
"It is amazing. I did half the tomatoes added some tarragon and thyme and some crushed red peppers. But is absolutely amazing gread recipie"- CoriSingleton
10 people want to try | 44 have favorited
|4 cupscanned Cannelli Beans; Drained|
|4 tablespoonsolive oil|
|1 Onion; chopped|
|1 cloveGarlic; minced|
|2 ribsCelery; chopped|
|8 12-oz cansPlum tomatoes|
|2 tablespoonsParsley; chopped|
|1 tablespoonBasil; minced|
|1 cupDitalini pasta|
|salt and pepper; to taste|
|Parmesan cheese; to taste|
|4 cupsBeef, Vegetable or Chicken stock|
Pasta Fagioli (by Emily Ruisi Stanco) Preparation
* Place beans in a soup pot and cover with water. Bring water to a boil, cook 2 minutes and remove pan from heat. Let beans soak for 1 hour.
* Drain beans, then cover with fresh water. Bring water to a simmer and cook for 1 hour. Drain, but reserve the cooking water. (If using canned beans, simply drain them and set them aside.
* Heat olive oil in pot, Saute' onion and garlic for 2 to 3 minutes. Add celery and cook 2 to 3 minutes longer. Add tomatoes, beans and stock. Measure out the bean cooking water and add 4 cups to the soup. (If necessary, add regular water or stock. With canned beans, use more stock than water). Add parsley, basil and some salt and pepper.
* Bring to a simmer and cook, partially covered, 45 minutes. Remove 2 cups of soup and puree it in a blender or food processor. Return puree to the soup pot and stir to blend.
* Add pasta, cook 20 minutes or until pasta is tender. Add water or stock if soup is too thick.
* Taste, and add salt and pepper if needed.
* Serve sprinkled with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Pasta Fagioli (by Emily Ruisi Stanco) Reviews
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on:
Tweets by @bigoven