Ravioli (by Carmela "Cee" Stanco)
from my dear Aunt"Amazing! We used different fillings though: plain spicy Italian sausage, ricotta and oregano, mixed Italian sausage and cheese, and chopped spinach and ricotta. The four mixed on a plate with spicy basil tomato sauce was AMAZING! " - aChop
Yield: 6 Ready in 1 hours
333 people trying soon
Ravioli (by Carmela "Cee" Stanco) Preparation
* Sift flour and salt together. Place in bowl and form a well in the center. Drop eggs in the well and blend with a fork, gradually adding enough warm water to form a stiff dough.
* Knead until smooth, cover and let stand 15 minutes. Cut dough in half and roll on floured board into two thin sheets.
* Combine Ricotta, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper and blend well.
* Drop teaspoons of filling, about 1 1/2 inches apart, on one sheet of dough and cover with the second sheet.
* With fingertips, gently press together around each dab of filling.
* Cut into squares with a pastry cutter, then seal each Ravioli by pressing the sides with a fork.
* Allow Ravioli to dry one hour before cooking.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?