Cinnamon Crumble Coffee Cake
For the past couple of days, I have been dreaming of Entenmann's coffee cakes. I don't know, I just miss them. So I thought I would have a look for a "similar recipe". Yippee - I found one and can not wait to try it out. For those of you who can pick up a genuine Entenmann's and have any knack at matching recipes, please give this a go - I really want to give my kids a taste of home..."Re: the previous post. This makes perfect sense. Use 5 cups of flour OR use a mixture of flour and Bisquick. Since this recipe requires 5 CUPS, then if using the mix of flour and Bisquick, it means use 2 1/2 cups of flour and 2 1/2 cups of the Bisquick! The recipe author is making reference to "All-purpose," when referring to the flour used in most recipes, including this one. The recipe is PERFECT either way!" - MaureenChapman
Yield: 4 Ready in 45 minutes
2,688 people trying soon
Verified by stevemur
Cinnamon Crumble Coffee Cake Preparation
Oven Temp: 400F / 200C / Gas Mark 7
1. Mix together the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. Add in the oil.
2. Divide this mixture - one half slightly larger than the other - into 2 bowls.
3. In the smaller portion add the eggs, milk and vanilla extract. Mix well until free of lumps ( mixture will be thin ). Pour into greased 9 x 13-inch pan.
3. In the larger portion add the butter, cinnamon & nuts. Mix with hands , making crumbs, leaving some large crumbs.
4. Bake for 25-30 minutes till browned. Cool and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?