Jalapeno Poppers (by Barbara Wright Stanco)
from my dear Sister-in-Law"Used this recipe as a base to make my own poppers. Skipped the cheddar and used 4oz. fsesh chevre. No mayo. Cut basil 1/4 cup fresh basil pesto into the goat cheese. Stuffed jalapenos, then followed directions for egg wash and bread crumb roll. Ok, so I guess I didn't actually make this exact recipe, but great starting point!" - daunbyjsunax
Yield: 4 Ready in 1 hours
12 people trying soon
Jalapeno Poppers (by Barbara Wright Stanco) Preparation
* Preheat oven to 350 degrees, coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
* In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, cheddar cheese and mayonaise; mix well and set aside.
* Halve Jalapeno peppers lengthwise and remove the seeds.
* Stuff Jalapenos halves with the cream cheese mixture.
* Place Egg Beaters in a shallow dish.
* Place bread crumbs in a separate shallow dish.
* Dip stuffed Jalapenos halves into egg beaters and then roll in breadcrumbs to coat.
* Transfer Jalapenos to prepared baking sheet and coat with cooking spray.
* Bake until filling is bubbly (about 30 minutes).
* Serve hot
** Great with your choice of Salsa.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?