Ultimate Scalloped Potatoes
The best, richest scalloped potatoes you've ever tasted."Really delicious and comparatively easy to make. One of the highlights of our Christmas dinner this year.
Other recipes I've used in the past suggest par-boiling the potatoes, which wasn't necessary in this case, with the potatoes sliced nearly exactly 1/8th of an inch thick. Be sure to slice all the potatoes very consistently. Only modification of this recipe was a near doubling of the amount of cheese, by adding an equal amount of Emmanthaler cheese to the Gruyere, above. Terrific, and will make again." - stevemur
Yield: 6 Servings Ready in 45 minutes
3,682 people trying soon
Verified by stevemur
Ultimate Scalloped Potatoes Preparation
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Lightly butter a 2-quart shallow baking dish
3. Lightly crush garlic with side of knife. Heat cream, milk, garlic, salt and pepper in a small saucepan over medium heat until small bubbles appear around the edge. Remove from heat and let stand 10 min.
4. Arrange half the potatoes in overlapping slices along the bottom the prepared dish. Pour half the cream mixture over the potatoes, then sprinkle with half the cheese. Repeat with remaining potatoes and cheese.
5. Bake 60-70 minutes until top is a deep brown and potatoes are tender when pierced with a knife.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?