Penne with Tomato Cream Vodka Sauce
"This is awesome. I only had vanilla vodka in the house, and the sweetness cooked right out. Phew! I also skipped the sausage and it was perfect. YUMMY! Great with a side of French bread."- ashleyressell
66 people want to try | 138 have favorited
|8 ouncesPenne pasta; cooked according to package directions|
|1 smallOnion; finely chopped|
|5 clovesGarlic; minced or pressed|
|1 14.5-oz canDiced tomatoes; (Muir Glen's fire roasted tomatoes are particularly yummy)|
|1 14.5-oz canTomato puree; (Muir Glen's fire roasted tomatoes are particularly yummy)|
|1/2 pintHeavy whipping cream; (unsweetened; use 1/2 to 2/3 pint)|
|350 mLVodka; with red chiles (soak 8 to 10 dried chiles in vodka, at least ov|
|1/4 teaspoonGround nutmeg; (preferably fresh)|
|10 ouncesMeatless Italian sausage; cooked according to package directions, and then quartered|
|1/2 cupFrozen green peas|
|1/4 cupFresh parsley; chopped|
|Salt; to taste|
|Black pepper; to taste|
|Parmesan cheese; (for garnish)|
Penne with Tomato Cream Vodka Sauce Preparation
1. Melt butter and saute onion on low heat until soft.
2. Add garlic and saute
3. Add diced and pureed tomatoes and simmer; reduce slightly.
4. Add vodka, and simmer until alcohol smell is gone.
5. Add cream and nutmeg. Allow sauce to reduce.
6. Add meatless Italian sausage, peas, and parsley, and heat until peas are heated through.
7. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish each serving with parmesan cheese
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Penne with Tomato Cream Vodka Sauce Reviews
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on:
Tweets by @bigoven