74 people want to try | 82 have favorited
1. Don't forget that it takes an hour to prepare the squash. Make sure you've cooked it in advance or are getting it ready while you prepare the chicken.
2. Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a deep skillet on medium high heat. Brown the chicken beasts in the hot oil, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Set aside.
3. Heat the remaining oil in the same pan without washing it. Saute the onions for 2 minutes or until they start to wilt. Add the garlic and mushrooms and cook until mushrooms are golden.
4. Stir in the wine and bring to a simmer. Return the chicken to the pan, cover and cook 10 to 12 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through (160 degrees F. on a meat thermometer). Stir in half the tomatoes and the basil.
5. While the chicken is cooking, get two cups of cooked squash ready for serving. Stir in the remaining tomatoes and the Parmesan cheese with the squash.
6. To Serve: Divide the squash among 4 warm plates. Lay a chicken breast on top of each and spoon the sauce over the top.
1 Serving = 1/2 Cup
Guest, you can Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
BigOven makes mealtime easy!
You may also enjoy:
Drinkycrow 1 month agoI think you meant garlic not ginger in the ingredient list. With ginger it is NOT good. Would not try again
Justadd2water 6 years ago1 Serving = 1/2 Cup [I posted this recipe.]