19 people want to try | 32 have favorited
This recipe is easy because it allows you to do multiple things at once. While sausage is browning, you can prep vegetables. Likewise, while vegetables are cooking, you are able to prepare the soup stock.
1. Mince garlic and chop onion to desired size.
2. In LARGE pan, brown all sausage, onion and garlic over medium-high heat. If link sausage is used, remove casings. Break sausage into small chunks as necessary.
3. While sausage is cooking, cut broccoli and cauliflower into medium-sized florets. Cut carrot into bite-sized chunks.
4. Add broth to a stock pot and bring to a low boil.
5. When sausage is fully cooked, and onions are clear, add vegetables to meat mixture. Stir in basil, oregano, and sault. Saute vegetables until done, but crisp.
6. Place eggs in measuring cup, break yolks and scramble. Stir in 1 tsp water.
7. When broth is boiling hot (but not bubbling), slowly pour in egg approximately 2 ounces at a time. Allow to cook for a few seconds and then stir gently. This should make an egg drop-type soup mixture. Continue adding egg in small amounts and stirring until all egg is added.
8. Combine meat / vegetable mixture into stock pot.
9. Optional - add rue mixture (melted butter with flour or corn starch) to thicken as desired.
10. Serve with grated parmesan on top.
11. Enjoy!! Even better the second day.
Note: 2 pounds frozen Italian vegetable mixture can be substituted for fresh vegetables.
Guest, you can Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
BigOven makes mealtime easy!
You may also enjoy:
Hajster 6 years ago[I posted this recipe.]