Texas Chili (2 Alarm)
Verified by stevemur
|2 poundGround beef; (coarse or shredded)|
|2 16-oz cansTomato; diced|
|1 1/2 cupWater|
|2 16-oz cansKidney beans; dark red, drained|
|1 tblspoonsCumin; ground|
|2 teaspoonsCayenne; (to taste, more for 3+ alarm)|
|1/2 cupChili pepper|
|1 1/2 teaspoonsPaprika|
|1/2 cupOnion; diced|
|4 clovesGarlic; minced|
Texas Chili (2 Alarm) Preparation
1. Add beef, onions and garlic to large sauce pan. Sear until beef is browned and onions become clear. Drain fat.
2. Stir in tomatos and water.
3. Add all spices and dry ingredients (except flour).
4. Simmer 30 minutes or until meat is tender (longer for spicier flavor).
5. Stir flour into 1/4 cup water to make thick, flowable mixture.
6. Add flour mixture to chili and stir.
7. Add beans, if desired.
8. Simmer an additional 20 minutes.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Texas Chili (2 Alarm) Reviews
Too much flour made the tastes and heat of the chilli dissapear, that may have been down to me though.
4 years, 2 months, 4 weeks, 1 days, 19 hours, 50 minutes ago
[I posted this recipe.]
6 years, 2 months, 3 weeks, 16 hours, 24 minutes ago