Cajun-creole Potato Salad
This recipe has been in the family for many years but no one really knows who started it. I only know its a twist on the regular traditional potato salad your use to but WOW its really good.
Yield: 20 Ready in 45 minutes
favorite of 61 people 25 people want to try
Verified by stevemur
|10 lbPotatoes; chopped into medium chunks|
|1 cupCelery; finely chopped|
|12 Eggs; hard boiled & chopped|
|1 cupFresh parsley; finely chopped|
|2 cupDill relish|
|2 ptMayonnaise; or Mayo Salad Dressing|
|1 cupSweet relish|
|1/2 cupCreole mustard|
|2 cupSalad olives; chopped|
|Salt and pepper; to taste|
|2 cupOnions; finely chopped|
|3 tbspLouisiana hot sauce|
|1 poundCrawfish meat; coarsely chopped|
|1 poundShrimp; coarsely chopped|
|4 large clovesGarlic; finely chopped|
|1/4 cupBasil; finely chopped|
Cajun-creole Potato Salad Preparation
1. Boil potatoes in their jackets.
2. Let cool, then peel them and chop into medium chunks then cool completely.
3. Mix mayonnaise, yellow mustard, Louisiana hot sauce, and salt together.
4. Add potatoes, along with the rest of the ingredients, and fold in well.
5. You can make this the day before and refrigerate it overnight which is the best way.
6. You may need to put a little more Mayonnaise to it the next day if it is a little dry.
7. Dust the top of the potato salad with paprika before serving to table.
"Serves 20 hungry Cajuns for a good picnic".
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Cajun-creole Potato Salad Reviews
'Serves 20 hungry Cajuns for a good picnic'.
[I posted this recipe.]
6 years, 3 weeks, 3 days, 10 hours, 19 minutes ago
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on:
Tweets by @bigoven