Thai Curry Chicken and Vegetables
My favorite times are cooking a batch of rice & drizzling the chicken curry over the rice. Quite Satisfying for me to drink a diet pepsi with dishes such as these.
"This was absolutely lovely. Could do with a little less salt though so I next time I will leave out the 1/2 teaspoon of salt and just have
the saltiness of the soy sauce. My partner was very impressed by this dish :)"
76 people want to try | 120 have favorited
|2 tablespoonsVegetable oil|
|1 teaspoonFive-spice powder|
|1/2 teaspoonsalt; (up to 1.5 tsp)|
|1/2 teaspoonGarlic powder|
|1/2 teaspoonCayenne pepper|
|1 tablespoonSoy sauce|
|1 1/2 poundsChicken breasts; skinned, boned cut into 1 inch pieces|
|1 cupChicken broth|
|3 teaspoonsCurry powder|
|2 tablespoonsRice wine vinegar; or vinegar|
|14 ouncesCoconut milk; (not cream of coconut)|
|16 ouncesFrozen broccoli; carrots, water chestnuts and red pepers|
|5 cupsHot cooked rice|
Thai Curry Chicken and Vegetables Preparation
1. Heat oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat until hot.
2. Stir in five-spice powder, garlic powder, ginger, pepper, cayenne, and soy sauce. Blend well.
3. Add chicken; cook and stir 5 to 8 minutes or until coated with seasonings, lightly browned and no longer pink.
4. Add chicken broth, curry, vinegar, and coconut milk; stir.
5. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer uncovered 20 to 25 minutes, stirring occasionly.
6. Add veggies to skillet, bring to a boil. Cook 3 to 5 minutes or until veggies are crisp-tender.
Serve over rice.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Thai Curry Chicken and Vegetables Reviews
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on:
Tweets by @bigoven