Italian Meatball Sandwich Casserole
|1/3 cupGreen Onions; chopped|
|1/4 cupItalian seasoned bread crumbs|
|3 tablespoonsGrated Parmesan cheese|
|1 poundGround beef|
|1 poundItalian bread; cut into 1 inch cubes|
|1 packagecream cheese; softened|
|1 teaspoonItalian seasoning|
|1/4 teaspoonBlack Pepper; freshly ground|
|2 cupsmozzarella cheese; shredded|
|3 cupsspaghetti sauce|
|2 clovesgarlic; minced|
Italian Meatball Sandwich Casserole Preparation
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C).
2. Mix together onions, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and ground beef. Roll into 1 inch diameter balls, and place in a baking pan. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until beef is no longer pink. Reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
3. Arrange the bread cubes in a single layer in an ungreased 9x13 inch baking dish. Mix together the cream cheese, mayonnaise, Italian seasoning and black pepper until smooth. Spread this mixture over each bread cube. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup of the grated mozzarella cheese.
4. In a large bowl, mix together spaghetti sauce, water, and garlic. Gently stir in meatballs. Pour over the bread and cheese mixture in the baking pan. Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella cheese evenly over the top.
5. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes, or until heated through.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Italian Meatball Sandwich Casserole Reviews
[I posted this recipe.]
6 years, 1 months, 5 days, 4 hours, 32 minutes ago
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on:
Tweets by @bigoven