Try this Cheesecake Muffins recipe, or contribute your own. "Kid Friendly" and "Meatless" are two of the tags cooks chose for Cheesecake Muffins.
Yield: 12 Ready in 45 minutes
favorite of 339 people 166 people want to try
Verified by stevemur
|Nonstick spray; or paper muffin cups|
|2 cupsAll purpose flour|
|2 teaspoonsBaking soda|
|1 teaspoonBaking Powder|
|1/4 cupRicotta cheese; whole-milk or low-fat, but not nonfat|
|1 1/2 teaspoonsVanilla extract|
|8 ouncesCream cheese; (regular or low-fat), softened; or 8 ounces Neufchatel cheese, s|
|8 tablespoonsUnsalted butter; softened (1 stick)|
|1 largeEgg; at room temperature|
|1/2 cupButtermilk; (regular or low-fat)|
|2 teaspoonsLemon zest|
|1 teaspoonLemon juice|
Cheesecake Muffins Preparation
1. Position the rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. To prepare the muffin tins, spray the indentations and the rims around them with nonstick spray, or line the indentations with paper muffin cups. If using silicon muffin tins, spary as directed, and then place them on a baking sheet.
2. Whisk the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl until uniform. Set aside.
3. In a small bowl, mix the ricotta cheese with 2 tablespoons of the sugar and 1/2 teaspoon of the vanilla until well blended. Set aside.
4. In a large bowl, beat the softened cream cheese and the butter with an electric mixer at medium speed about 1 minute, until smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary. Continue beating without disturbing until the mixture is light and pale yellow, about 2 minutes more. Slowly pour in the remaining 1/2 cup sugar, while beating at medium speed for about 3 minutes, or until sugar can no longer be felt when a little of the mixture is rubbed between your fingertips. Beat the egg until well incorporated, then beat in the buttermilk, lemon zest, lemon juice, and the remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla.
5. Using a wooden spoon, stir in the prepared flour mixture until moistened.
6. Spoon 2 heaping tablespoons of batter into each muffin cup; gently spread it with the back of the spoon so that it touches the sides of the indentation and is flat as possible. Mound 1 heaping teaspoon of the ricotta mixture on top of this batter in each muffin cup. Spoon the remaining batter on top of the ricotta filling dividing it evenly between the cups, filling each about three-quarters full.
7. Bake for 25 minutes, or until the tops are bumpy and speckled golden brown. A toothpick or cake tester inserted into the center of one muffin should come out with a few moist crumbs attached, providing you do not press down too far and run into the vein of ricotta cheese.
8. Set the pan on a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes. Gently rock each muffin back and forth to release it. Remove the muffins from the pan and cool them for 5 minutes more on the rack before serving. If storing or freezing the muffins, cool them completely before sealing in an airtight container or in freezer-safe plastic bags. The muffins will stay fresh for up to 2 days at room temperature or up to 2 months in the freezer.
Almond Cheesecake Muffins: Mix 1/2 cup toasted sliced almonds with the flour mixture. Add 1/2 teaspoon almond extract with the lemon zest and juice.
Oreo Cheesecake Muffins: Omit the lemon zest and juice. Stir 1/2 cup crumbled Oreo cookies into the batter before adding the flour mixture.
Strawberry Cheesecake Muffins: Reduce the sugar in the batter to 1/2 cup. Omit the sugar completely from the ricotta mixture; instead, stir 1/4 cup strawberry jam into the ricotta cheese with the vanilla. Use 2 teaspoons cheese filling for each muffin.
White Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Muffins: Mix 1/2 cup white chocolate chips into the batter before adding the flour mixture.
Makes approximately 12 regular-sized muffins
From The Ultimate Muffin Book, by Bruce Weinstein and Mark Scarbrough
The basic recipe is good - not too sweet. The White Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Muffin recipe looks really tasty!
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Cheesecake Muffins Reviews
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on:
Tweets by @bigoven