Kristopher's Taco Macaroni Casserole
My little boy has a form of Autism , he came up with this recipes modifications. He really loves the feed back hes gotten from other recipes sites and he asked me to post it here."My husband loves this combination of ingredients and it sounds delicious. This is definitely going on my "Try Soon" list. Thanks, Kristopher for sharing this recipe. I, too, think men should learn to cook. It's a wonderful vocation or hobby. " - crittermom17
Yield: 0 Ready in 45 minutes
164 people trying soon
|1 16-oz boxdreamfield's elbow macaroni; or Elbow Macaroni of Your Choice|
|2 lbshamburger; Browned|
|1/4 cupred onions; Chopped|
|2 TbsGarlic; minced|
|2 14-oz cansdiced tomatoes with basil oregano; Do not Drain|
|1 10.75-oz cancream of mushroom soup; No Water, other Cream of Soup can be substituted|
|1 0.5-oz envelopemild taco seasoning; or make your own|
|1 cupcheese; shredded|
|2 cupsshredded cheddar cheese; or enough to cover casserole top|
|salt and pepper; to taste|
Kristopher's Taco Macaroni Casserole Preparation
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cook elbow macaroni "Al dente" approx 10 minutes.
3. Brown hamburger with red onion and garlic.
4. Drain fat.
5. In a large mixing bowl.
6. Add drained Hamburger.
7. Add drained Macaroni.
8. Add soup ( no water ).
9. Add tomatoes with liquid.
10. Add 1 Cup of Shredded Cheese.
11. Add 1/2 Packet Mild Taco Seasoning.
12. Add salt and pepper to taste.
13. In mixing bowl throughly combine ingredients.
14. Placed combined mixture into a 9 x 13 casserole dish.
15. Sprinkle the 2-4 cups ( Use more or less to your liking ) of shreddedcheese over top of the casserole.
16. bake uncovered for 30 minutes or until bubbling around edges andcheese is melted and lightly browned.
17. Serve with Green Salad or Cucumber / Tomato slices on the side.
Comments: This recipe was inspired by Derf's Belly Buster Recipe. It hasbeen heavily modified in ingredients and procedure. I feel the recipe nowqualifies as a new recipe. Thank you to Derf for the inspiration :D Thisversion of the recipe is being named for my son Kristopher ( 13 at the timeof writing ) who helped me tonight in making all the revisions. Thank youHoney!:D
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?