Mama Iuliucci's Famous Italian Meat-a-balls
If you broil or bake the meatballs, set them on top of a broiler rack so the fat can drain off. At the time I made these, ground bison was $4.99 a pound.
Yield: 3 Ready in 1 hours
favorite of 23 people 8 people want to try
|2 poundLean ground beef|
|8 slicesWhite bread; torn into 1/2" pieces|
|2 Eggs; slightly beaten|
|1/2 teaspoonGarlic powder; (or to taste)|
|1 teaspoonItalian seasoning; (or to taste)|
|2 teaspoonParsley flakes; (or to taste)|
|1/4 cupParmesan Cheese; Grated (or locatelli)|
|1/4 teaspoonBlack pepper|
|Olive or Vegetable Oil; for frying|
Mama Iuliucci's Famous Italian Meat-a-balls Preparation
1. Mix all ingredients gently in a large bowl until well combined.
2. Roll meatballs 1 1/2" to 1 3/4" in diameter.
3. Heat about 1/4" oil over medium heat in a large frying pan.
4. Fry meat balls in oil, rolling frequently, until evenly browned and juices run clear (meat balls can also be broiled or baked).
5. Drop meatballs into your favorite sauce and let it simmer for a while to flavor sauce, or just serve with your favorite pasta and sauce.
Made at Jeff's 7/13/07. I used half hamburger, half ground bison.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Mama Iuliucci's Famous Italian Meat-a-balls Reviews
[I posted this recipe.]
5 years, 10 months, 1 weeks, 4 hours, 32 minutes ago
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on: