Diabetic Coconut Macaroons
Makes only a small batch, but they are very tasty."I thought these were great! We doubled the recipe and made about 30 macaroons. We used sweetened coconut, so the way we made the recipe wasn't completely sugar-free. Based on doubling the recipe, and the 30 macaroons we got out of it, we figured that there are approximately 4.6 grams of sugar per macaroon. Also! We tasted them straight out of the oven and liked them, but a couple hours later, they were even better. Definitely make them a little ahead of time if you can manage it. " - Jenrford
Yield: 18 Ready in 1 hours
favorite of 241 people 171 people want to try
Diabetic Coconut Macaroons Preparation
1. In small bowl combine coconut, flour, and salt.
2. In second bowl beat egg whites until stiff peaks form, fold in vanilla.
3. Fold egg whites into dry ingredients.
4. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheet.
5. Bake at 325 degrees for 18-20 minutes.
6. Remove from baking sheet and cool on wire rack.
This recipe was a happy accident. I was baking macaroons and left out the sugar. They were so good without the sugar that I now make them this way on purpose.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Diabetic Coconut Macaroons Reviews
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on:
Tweets by @bigoven