58 people want to try | 88 have favorited
1. Preheat oven to prebaking temperature specified on the puff pastry package. Thaw the puff pastry as instructed on the package and gently use to line 2 10 inch tart pans with removable bottoms. Cut away excess with a sharp knife. Pre-bake as directed on the package. (You can also use a 9x9 inch square baking dish, not as elegant but equally as tasty).
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. Heat a skillet over medium high heat and toast the almonds until they are pale brown, about 10 minutes.
4. In a food processor, process the toasted almonds with the flour for a couple of minutes. In a mixer or with a whisk, beat the egg and egg yolk with the sugar until pale yellow. Stir the almond/flour into the eggs/sugar until incorporated. Then, slowly add the hot milk while stirring.
5. In a saucepan over medium low heat, cook the mixture for about 5 minutes, stirring often. Remove from heat and add the almond and vanilla extract.
6. Arrange the pear halves in a circle on the pre-baked puff pastry. Pour or spoon the almond mixture onto the puff pastry around the pears.
7. Bake about 30-35 minutes until the tart is solid and has browned slightly. Allow to cool slightly before cutting.
Guest, you can Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
BigOven makes mealtime easy!
You may also enjoy:
cajuntoast 6 years agoThis tart can also be made with other fruits. Keeps fairly well for a few days - re-warming in a 350 degree oven for a few minutes makes it taste freshly baked. [I posted this recipe.]