Pear Frangipane Tart
This is a very attractive, rustic tart, perfect for dessert or a coffee break. It's pretty easy to make but really impressive!
Yield: 8 Ready in 1 hours, 25 minutes
38 people trying soon
Verified by stevemur
Pear Frangipane Tart Preparation
1. Preheat oven to prebaking temperature specified on the puff pastry package. Thaw the puff pastry as instructed on the package and gently use to line 2 10 inch tart pans with removable bottoms. Cut away excess with a sharp knife. Pre-bake as directed on the package. (You can also use a 9x9 inch square baking dish, not as elegant but equally as tasty).
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. Heat a skillet over medium high heat and toast the almonds until they are pale brown, about 10 minutes.
4. In a food processor, process the toasted almonds with the flour for a couple of minutes. In a mixer or with a whisk, beat the egg and egg yolk with the sugar until pale yellow. Stir the almond/flour into the eggs/sugar until incorporated. Then, slowly add the hot milk while stirring.
5. In a saucepan over medium low heat, cook the mixture for about 5 minutes, stirring often. Remove from heat and add the almond and vanilla extract.
6. Arrange the pear halves in a circle on the pre-baked puff pastry. Pour or spoon the almond mixture onto the puff pastry around the pears.
7. Bake about 30-35 minutes until the tart is solid and has browned slightly. Allow to cool slightly before cutting.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Pear Frangipane Tart Reviews
This tart can also be made with other fruits. Keeps fairly well for a few days - re-warming in a 350 degree oven for a few minutes makes it taste freshly baked. [I posted this recipe.]
5 years, 9 months, 3 weeks, 2 days, 8 hours, 17 minutes ago