Stuffed Chicken with wine sauce
Verified by stevemur
|1/2 cupsmoked provolone or gouda cheese or pepper jack|
|8 ouncesmozzarella cheese; shredded|
|1/4 cupparmesan cheese or asiago cheese; grated|
|1/2 cupbread crumbs|
|1 teaspoonfresh garlic; minced|
|1/4 teaspooncrushed red pepper; optional|
|2 tablespoonssun-dried tomato flakes, if in oil, drain first|
|1/3 cupsour cream|
|salt and pepper; to taste|
|2 poundsSkinless boneless chicken breasts|
|4 ouncescooking oil|
|1 smallOnion; chopped|
|6 cupsbutton mushrooms; thinly sliced|
|24 ouncesyour favorite drinking wine|
|8 ouncesheavy cream|
Stuffed Chicken with wine sauce Preparation
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. STUFFING: Combine all cheese stuffing ingredients in a bowl.
3. CHICKEN: Butterfly thickest section to create two lobes - pound until 1/4"-1/2" thick. Place pounded chicken breasts on a plate and place desired amount of stuffing on one half of chicken breast. Gently press stuffing down and fold over other side of chicken breast.
4. Preheat a large saute pan on stove top. add 4 oz oil, heat oil until shimmering. Place approximately 2 cups flour in a pan and season it to taste with salt and pepper. Dredge chicken in flour and shake off excess flour. Place stuffed chicken breasts in saute pan with the preheated oil. Cook each side until golden. When chicken is seared on both sides remove them from saute pan and place them in a baking pan and into the oven for 10-20 minutes. Bake until juices run clear and stuffing and center reach a temperature of at least 165 degrees.
5. SAUCE: Add the onions to the saute pan. stir with spatula. After 2 minutes add the mushrooms, saute mixture until onions are translucent. Deglaze saute pan with the wine - make sure to incorporate particles from bottom of pan. Bring wine to a simmer and add heavy cream. Simmer sauce on low heat until reduced by half.
6. Place cooked chicken breast on a plate and top with sauce mixture. Serve with your favorite garlic mashed potato recipe.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Stuffed Chicken with wine sauce Reviews
[I posted this recipe.]
5 years, 9 months, 1 weeks, 14 hours, 3 minutes ago