Chicken Pot Pie with 2 Crusts
We used cornstarch instead of flour it was great"I really loved this recipe. My 9 year old is learning to cook and it was so easy for her. The ingredients were easy to find some of them were already in the house. Next time I need to make a double batch! My daughter, who does not like meat, especially chicken, even enjoyed it. I am truly impressed. The entire family was just waiting to eat it.(we cooked it the night before we served it). Thank you for posting your recipe. The only change I made was to use canned vegetables instead of frozen." - Marian12
Yield: 6 Ready in 45 minutes
favorite of 370 people 126 people want to try
Verified by stevemur
Chicken Pot Pie with 2 Crusts Preparation
1. Heat butter over low heat until melted.
2. Blend in flour, onion, salt and pepper.
3. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until smooth and bubbly.
4. Remove from heat.
5. Stir in broth and milk.
6. Heat to boiling; stirring constantly. Boil and stir one minute.
7. Stir in chicken and veggies.
9. Line pie plate with prepared bottom crust.
10. Pour in filling.
11. Top with top crust. Cut slits in center to vent. Flute edges.
12. Cook uncovered in 425F oven until crust is brown; approximately 30-35minutes.
Comments: This is old-fashioned, from scratch, comfort food. This has been afamily favorite for years. I like to take this to other families when theyare in need of a meal. It's always a winner. I like making it with leftoverturkey, too!
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Chicken Pot Pie with 2 Crusts Reviews
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on: