Ready in 45 minutes
Try this Southwestern Skillet Macaroni and Cheese (6 Points) recipe, or contribute your own. "Main Dish" and "6 Points" are two of the tags cooks chose for Southwestern Skillet Macaroni and Cheese (6 Points).
"I've made this recipe 3 or 4 times over the past month. Love it! I just use a can of Rotel instead I the separate tomatoes and chilis and I use a pack of taco seasoning for spices. "- Dirtdigga13
148 people want to try | 182 have favorited
1. Cook the macaroni according to package directions omitting the salt, if desired; Drain.
2. Meanwhile, spray a large nonstick skillet with a nonstick spray and set over medium-high heat. Add the turkey and cook, breaking it up with a wooden spoon, until no longer pink, about 8 minutes.
3. Stir in the onion, bell pepper, chili powder, cumin and salt. Cook, stiring occasionally, until the onion is softened, about 3 minutes.
4. Add the tomatoes, tomato sauce, chiles and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the flavors are blended, about 10 minutes.
5. Add the macaroni and the cheese, stirring to combine.
Guest, you can Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
BigOven makes mealtime easy!
You may also enjoy:
Dirtdigga13 1 year agoI've made this recipe 3 or 4 times over the past month. Love it! I just use a can of Rotel instead I the separate tomatoes and chilis and I use a pack of taco seasoning for spices.
Billmu 4 years agoI thought this was a good recipe bit I hought it needed a little more heat but I like a lot of heat. Other than that it was a great one skillet meal
frogn 6 years ago[I made edits to this recipe.]
frogn 6 years ago6 points [I posted this recipe.]