Southwestern Skillet Macaroni and Cheese (6 Points)
Try this Southwestern Skillet Macaroni and Cheese (6 Points) recipe, or contribute your own. "Main Dish" and "6 Points" are two of the tags cooks chose for Southwestern Skillet Macaroni and Cheese (6 Points)."I've made this recipe 3 or 4 times over the past month. Love it! I just use a can of Rotel instead I the separate tomatoes and chilis and I use a pack of taco seasoning for spices. " - Dirtdigga13
Yield: 6 Ready in 45 minutes
121 people trying soon
Verified by stevemur
Southwestern Skillet Macaroni and Cheese (6 Points) Preparation
1. Cook the macaroni according to package directions omitting the salt, if desired; Drain.
2. Meanwhile, spray a large nonstick skillet with a nonstick spray and set over medium-high heat. Add the turkey and cook, breaking it up with a wooden spoon, until no longer pink, about 8 minutes.
3. Stir in the onion, bell pepper, chili powder, cumin and salt. Cook, stiring occasionally, until the onion is softened, about 3 minutes.
4. Add the tomatoes, tomato sauce, chiles and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the flavors are blended, about 10 minutes.
5. Add the macaroni and the cheese, stirring to combine.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?