Cheesy Chicken Linguine Bake
A very cheesy cassorole. The green enchilada sauce gives it some kick but the mushroom soup keeps it grounded. I gave this recipe to a friend and her kids like it alot. Combine with a salad for a quick & easy-to-fix dinner for a family. Also excellent reheated in the microwave.
Yield: 16 Ready in 45 minutes
8 people trying soon
|16 ouncesDreamfields Linguine; or 13.5 to 16 oz pasta of your choice|
|10 ounceOld El Paso Green Chile Enchilada Sauce; or brand of your choice|
|10 3/4 ounceCampbell's Health Request Cream of Mushroom; or brand of your choice|
|3 cupsCheddar Jack Shredded Cheese; divided 2 cups & 1 cup|
|6 ounceFully-cooked Southwestern Grilled Chicken Breast S; or 6 to 9 oz of any cooked chicken, sliced or cubed|
Cheesy Chicken Linguine Bake Preparation
1. In large saucepan, cook linquine according to the package directions. You can also use one of those pasta cooking tower things
2. Preheat oven to 350? (176?C). Spray 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
3. Mix remaining ingredients (saving 1 cup of the shredded cheese for later) in bowl.
4. Drain linguine and return to saucepan. Stir in mixture from step 3. Or if you cooked the pasta in a tower pour the pasta into the bowl with the other ingredients.
5. Pour linguine mixture into prepared baking dish and top with remaining cheese.
6. Bake at 350? for 30 minutes or until casserole bubbles and heats through.
I usually use either a 16 oz package of Dreamfields Linguine or spaghetti or a 13.5 oz package of whole wheat linguine or spaghetti. I've also used 6/8/12 ounces of cooked chicken (Tyson, Louis Rich, et cetera & various flavors). I've also used various quantities and combinations of different cheeses including reduced fat cheeses. All the variations have been delicious. This is adapted from "Easy Diabetic Cooking with 4 Ingredients" by Sally N Hunt. The first time I fixed it I thought that chicken would work great in it. After my mom tried it she said that she tought it was good but could use some chicken, so I added the cooked chicken.
Submitted to BigOven on 10/3/07
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?