Traditionally, this dish is often made with veal but chicken works just as well."The first time I had Chicken Marsala was at a restaurant owned by my ex boyfriend. His family immigrated from Sicily years ago and opened one of the best local Italian restaurants in the area. It was the only thing that I craved for months. When we split up I longed for it but I did not want to go back to the restaurant. I remember watching him make it but for the life of me I couldn't remember what went in it! I Love this recipe, it's almost identical. All it's missing is some Sicilian love. " - JerseyBlue
Yield: 4 Ready in 20 minutes
favorite of 607 people 232 people want to try
Chicken Marsala Preparation
1. Season chicken with salt and pepper and coat lightly with flour.
2. Heat 1 T olive oil and butter over medium-high heat and cook chicken until both sides are lightly browned, approx. 3-4 minutes, set aside on plate.
3. Add the other tablespoon of olive oil and sauté garlic until softened.
4. Add mushrooms, salt and pepper and sauté until tender, approx. 3 minutes.
5. Add marsala to deglaze pan and simmer a few minutes as it reduces.
6. Return chicken to pan and cook until heated through; add one tablespoon of butter into sauce.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Chicken Marsala Reviews
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on: