Scrambled Eggs on Toast
|1 Bread; nice Italian or French loaf, sliced medium thick, approx. 4” in|
|1 Milk; water or sour cream|
|1 Herbs; (fresh or dried Herbes de Provence)|
|Salt and pepper; (optional: truffle salt)|
|1 Olive oil|
|Shallots and garlic|
|Vegetables; (optional: like mushrooms asparagus or artichokes)|
|1 goat cheese; Crumbled|
Scrambled Eggs on Toast Preparation
1. Preheat grill pan or broiler.
2. Rub cut garlic clove on bread, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Grill until lightly browned, approx. 2 minutes.
3. Crack eggs into bowl and beat lightly with fork; add a little water, milk or sour cream to thin and fluff; add salt, pepper, herbs and combine.
4. Meanwhile, melt butter in saucepan and sauté shallots until soft; add vegetables if using and sauté for a few minutes.
5. Pour egg mixture into pan and cook over medium heat, stirring gently until eggs are almost set.
6. Sprinkle with cheese and continue to cook until eggs are completely set to desired degree of doneness. Spoon on top of grilled bread and serve open-face.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Scrambled Eggs on Toast Reviews
[I posted this recipe.]
5 years, 6 months, 3 weeks, 21 hours, 1 minutes ago