Mama's Supper Club Tilapia Parmesan
Try this Mama's Supper Club Tilapia Parmesan recipe, or contribute your own. "American" and "Fish" are two of the tags cooks chose for Mama's Supper Club Tilapia Parmesan."This tastes good, but it doesn't look real good. I can't get the golden brown to happen. I still make it and I'm trying to get it to look better, but it's a good recipe. Thanks." - Texrock
Yield: 2 Ready in 45 minutes
46 people trying soon
|2 lbstilapia fillets; orange roughy cod or red snapper|
|can be substituted|
|2 TbsLemon juice|
|1/2 cupGrated Parmesan cheese|
|4 Tbsbutter; room temperature|
|3 Tbsgreen onions; finely chopped|
|1/4 teaspoonseasoning salt; I like Old Bay seasoning here|
|1/4 teaspoonDried basil|
|1 dashHot pepper sauce|
Mama's Supper Club Tilapia Parmesan Preparation
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In buttered 13-by-9-inch baking dish or jellyroll pan, lay fillets insingle layer.
3. Do not stack fillets.
4. Brush top with juice.
5. In bowl combine cheese, butter, mayonnaise, onions and seasonings.
6. Mix well with fork.
7. Bake fish in preheated oven 10 to 20 minutes or until fish just startsto flake.
8. Spread with cheese mixture and bake until golden brown, about 5minutes.
9. Baking time will depend on the thickness of the fish you use.
10. Watch fish closely so that it does not overcook.
11. Makes 4 servings.
12. Note: This fish can also be made in a broiler.
13. Broil 3 to 4 minutes or until almost done.
14. Add cheese and broil another 2 to 3 minutes or until browned.
15. Thank you Mama's Supper Club in Wisconsin.
Comments: You asked for it. Here it is. Thanks so much to MaMa's SupperClub. Wish we could all go there.
This was very good!
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?