Ready in 2 hours
This is a recipe that I created when I wanted more chocolate in my tiramisu. I use normal coffee because some people in my family are not big coffee fans. I you want more coffee flavor, try using espresso instead of coffee. I've also made this with coconut flavored coffee and it was a big hit.
Top-ranked recipe named "Chocolate Tiramisu"
1. Make Zabaglione: Melt chocolate and set aside to cool slightly. In top of small double boiler, beat egg yolks and sugar until mixture is a very pale yellow, about 3 minutes. Fold in chocolate and Marsala. Place double boiler over medium heat and whisk mixture constantly until it begins to bubble around the edges. Transfer zabaglione to a small bowl, cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
2. Make Mascarpone Mixture: Whip cream with sugar and cocoa powder until stiff peaks form. Beat in mascarpone and zabaglione just until blended. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
3. Make Coffee Mixture: In a separate bowl, combine coffee, sugar, vanilla, and creme de cacao.
4. Assemble: Arrange 8 cookies on the bottom of a medium sized dish or bowl, breaking cookies to fit if necessary. (Note: cookies will not fit tightly; there should be some space between them.) Spoon about 1 tablespoon of the coffee mixture over each cookie so that they are saturated, but not falling apart. Spoon 1/3 of the mascarpone cheese mixture over cookies and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon cocoa power. Repeat layers two more times.
5. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
I use a 9" x 7" x 2.5" Pyrex storage dish with lid for this dish. Also, I use Alessi "Biscotti Savoiardi" ladyfingers.
You may also enjoy:
Youngpioneerssl1 4 years agoLove the idea of more chocolate
taxnerd 6 years agoI use a 9' x 7' x 2.5' Pyrex storage dish with lid for this dish. Also, I use Alessi 'Biscotti Savoiardi' ladyfingers. [I posted this recipe.]