Ready in 1 hour
This recipe makes about 7-8 main dish servings or about 36 appetizer servings. I developed this recipe when I tried to duplicate some of the restaurant style quesadillas. They don't taste exactly like them, but I think I like them better. They work equally well as a main dish or an appetizer. Brushing the shells with butter before baking gives them a little more crunch. You can also make the quesadillas up in advance through step 4 and refrigerate them until ready to bake.
"This was delicious and quick to make, after a disastrous attempt to make a diet (aka foul) quesadilla recipe this was a relief! Butter is key to the lovely crispyness here :)"- ThePuck
89 people want to try | 137 have favorited
1. Cut chicken into 1" pieces. Melt butter in skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil, chicken, and salt and pepper.
2. Fry until chicken is no longer pink. Drain on a paper towel. Let cool. Finely chop chicken or process in food processor until finely chopped.
3. Place chicken large bowl. Add peppers, olives, onion, seasoning and 1/4 water. Mix well.
4. Warm taco shells slightly in microwave (about 15 seconds on high). Place a little cheese on 1/2 of one soft taco shell. Spoon chicken mixture onto cheese. Top with a little bit more cheese. Fold taco shell over and secure with a toothpick.
5. Place on foil lined cookie sheet. Brush with melted butter. Bake at 350? for 20 minutes or until cheese begins to melt and taco shells are beginning to brown. If serving as an appetizer, cut each quesadilla into thirds. Serve with salsa and sour cream.
I use a pizza cutter to cut the quesadillas into thirds when serving as an appetizer.
Guest, you can Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
BigOven makes mealtime easy!
You may also enjoy:
Bigblackjack 1 year agoVery good easy to make will have this again
ThePuck 2 years agoThis was delicious and quick to make, after a disastrous attempt to make a diet (aka foul) quesadilla recipe this was a relief! Butter is key to the lovely crispyness here :)
Cocoalove 4 years agoLove the taco seasoning with the chicken. Very delicious.
taxnerd 5 years agoI use a pizza cutter to cut the quesadillas into thirds when serving as an appetizer. [I posted this recipe.]