A quick delicious treat for a cool autumn day."This was quick and easy to make. The addition of graham crackers in the topping made for a delightfully unique and delicious apple crisp. I did prepare it a little differently to satisfy my families love of cinnamon. I tossed the apples with 2-3 tbsp. sugar, 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, and 2 tsp. lemon juice before covering with the topping. I also cut the nutmeg to about 1/2 tsp. and increased the cinnamon to about 1 1/2 tsp. in the topping. I think another good variation on this recipe would be to substitute crushed ginger snaps for graham crackers -- I'll be trying that next..." - sgrishka
Yield: 6 Ready in 1 hours
893 people trying soon
Apple Crisp Preparation
1. Use 12" round stone. Preheat oven to 350?.
2. Peel, core, and thinly slice apples.
3. Spread apples on bottom of stone.
4. Finely chop graham crackers and mix with oats, brown sugar, flour and spices.
5. Add melted butter and mix well.
6. Spoon this mixture over the apples.
7. Bake for 30-35 minutes.
8. Serve while warm with cool whip.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?