Caramel-pecan Sticky Rolls
If you want, you can store these overnight in the fridge BEFORE the final rising of the dough, covering the pan with plastic wrap. In the morning, let them do their final rise in a warm place, then bake, and you have fresh rolls first thing!
Yield: 15 Ready in 3 hours, 15 minutes
20 people trying soon
|3 1/2 cupsflour; (up to 4 cups)|
|1/3 cupGranulated sugar|
|2 packagesregular yeast; or quick active dry yeast|
|1 cupvery warm milk; (120?F to 130?F)|
|1/3 cupbutter or margarine; softened|
|1 cupBrown sugar; packed|
|1/2 cupbutter or margarine; softened|
|1/4 cupdark corn syrup|
|1 cuppecan halves; (4 oz)|
|2 tablespoonsbutter or margarine; softened|
|1/2 cupchopped pecans or raisins; if desired|
|1/4 cupbrown sugar; granulated or packed|
|1 teaspoonGround cinnamon|
Caramel-pecan Sticky Rolls Preparation
1. Mix 2 cups of the flour, 1/3 cup granulated sugar, the salt and yeast in large bowl. Add warm milk, 1/3 cup butter and the egg. Beat with electric mixer on low speed 1 minute, scraping bowl frequently. Beat on medium speed 1 minute, scraping the bowl frequently. Stir in enough remaining flour to make dough easy to handle.
2. Turn dough onto lightly floured surface. Knead about 5 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Place in greased bowl and turn greased side up. Cover and let rise in warm place about 1 hour 30 minutes or until double. Dough is ready if indentation remains when touched.
3. Heat 1 cup brown sugar and 1/2 cup butter to boiling in 2-quart saucepan, stirring constantly; remove from heat. Stir in corn syrup. Pour into ungreased rectangular pan, 13x9x2 inches. Sprinkle with pecan halves.
4. Punch down dough. Flatten with hands or rolling pin into rectangular, 15x10 inches, on lightly floured surface. Spread with 2 tablespoons butter. Mix chopped pecans, 1/4 cup granulated sugar and the cinnamon; sprinkle evenly over butter. Roll rectangle up tightly, beginning at 15-inch side. Pinch edge of dough into roll to seal. Stretch and shape until even. Cut roll into fifteen 1-inch slices. Place slightly apart in pan. Cover and let rise in warm place about 30 minutes or until double.
5. Heat oven 350F.
6. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately turn upside down onto heatproof tray or serving plate. Let stand 1 minute so caramel will drizzle over rolls; remove pan.
1 Serving: Calories 380 (Calories from Fat 160 ); Total Fat 18 g (Saturated Fat 8 g); Cholesterol 45 mg; Sodium 260 mg; Total Carbohydrate 51 g (Dietary Fiber 2 g); Protein 5 g Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10 %; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 4 %; Iron 10 % Exchanges: 2 Starch; 1 1/2 Fruit; 3 Fat
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?