Chorizo Pasta with Tomatoes and Cream
This is a great monatge of flavours, and is one of the tastest pasta recipes I know of. Eat with a nice medium red wine!"Love it! Thanks so much for posting. Definitely a keeper. I like the nice blend of the ingredients." - missmimi12345
Yield: 4 Ready in 50 minutes
87 people trying soon
|1 Onion; chopped|
|4 bowlfulspenne pasta; (see tips)|
|1 tspsrosemary; finely chopped|
|6 fresh tomatoes; peeled seeded and diced|
|salt and pepper; freshly ground|
|1 pinchbrown sugar|
|175 gramschorizo sausage; (up to 225)|
|1 pinchcrushed chilies|
|1 splashdouble cream|
|3 tbspflatleaf parsley; finely chopped|
|4 tbspGrated Parmesan; fresh|
Chorizo Pasta with Tomatoes and Cream Preparation
1. Melt the butter in a sauce pan, add chopped Onion and softly cook until golden brown (normally around 3mins)
2. Add chopped rosemary and diced tomatoes and season with salt and pepper and the brown sugar.
3. Cook until the tomatoes have just begun to soften into a sauce, which takes about 5 minutes.
4. Slice the sausage into 5mm/¼in rounds and add to the pan with the crushed chilies.
5. Add the cream and 2 tablespoons of chopped flatleaf parsley, and allow to bubble for 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently until the cream has reduced by half. Remove the pan from the heat and set aside.
6. Cook the pasta until it is 'al dente' (see tips), drain and toss with the sauce, then add the grated parmesan.
7. Toss again, sprinkle with remaining flatleaf parsley, and serve.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?