This is a very nice dinner dish to have when you have people over for dinner. I serve this in the hotel for dinner and it sells very well.
Yield: 4 Ready in 25 minutes
favorite of 11 people 8 people want to try
|4 eaFlounder; cleaned and trimmed|
|For The Stuffing|
|4 ouncesmild Cheddar cheese; grated|
|1 cupBread crumbs; fresh white|
|1 teaspoonmustard powder|
|Pepper; to taste|
|Salt; to taste|
|2 teaspoonsBasil; shredded|
|1/2 eaLemon; pressed|
|2 tablespoonsEgg; beaten|
|For The Garnish|
|2 eaVandyke tomatoes|
Dunwich Flounder Preparation
1. Use most of the butter to grease a shallow ovenproof baking dish and a piece of foil large enough to cover it.
2. Set the oven at 190?C/375F/gas 5. Make a cut down the entire length of each fish as though for filleting. Remove the bone to make a pouch.
3. Make the stuffing by mixing all the ingredients together in a small bowl. Lift the 2 loose flaps on one of the fish and fill the pouch with a quarter of the stuffing. Repeat with the remaining fish.
4. Place the fish in the prepared dish, dot with the remaining butter, cover with the foil and bake for 20-30 minutes.
5. Decorate each portion with half a Vandyke tomato
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Dunwich Flounder Reviews
[I posted this recipe.]
5 years, 4 months, 2 days, 17 hours, 55 minutes ago
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on: