Strawberry Cream Delight Pie
For strawberry lovers. With the use of frozen strawberries you do not have to wait for strawberries to be in season to enjoy this dessert. Very nice presentation when entertaining.
9 people want to try | 14 have favorited
|1 cupAll-purpose flour|
|1/4 cupvanilla wafers; crushed|
|1/3 cupCrisco shortening|
|3 tbspWater; cold|
|1 1/2 cupWater|
|1 3-oz packagestrawberry Jello|
|2 cupsstrawberries; (frozen unsweetened)|
|1 3-oz packagecream cheese; softened|
|1/3 cupPowdered sugar|
|1 cupwhipping cream; (whipped)|
Strawberry Cream Delight Pie Preparation
1. For the CRUST: In mixing bowl, combine flour, crushed wafers and salt.
2. Cut in Crisco shortening until pieces are the size of small peas.
3. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of water over mix. Gently toss with fork. Repeat with remaining water until all is moistened.
4. Form dough into ball. On lightly floured surface, flatten dough with hands. Roll into a 12-inch circle. Transfer into a 9-inch pie plate. Trim, flute, and prick bottom and sides with a fork.
5. Bake in 350-degree oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool.
6. For STRAWBERRY LAYER: Combine sugar, cornstarch and salt in medium saucepan.
7. Gradually stir in water. Cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil and is thick and clear.
8. Add Jell-O, and stir until dissolved.
9. Add frozen straw?berries, and refrigerate until slightly thickened.
10. For CREAM LAYER: Combine cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla and salt in medium-sized bowl. Beat until smooth. Add whipped cream.
11. Spoon half of CREAM mixture into prepared crust.
12. Top with half of STRAWBERRY mix?ture.
13. Repeat layers.
14. Garnish with more whipped cream and fresh strawberries.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Strawberry Cream Delight Pie Reviews
[I posted this recipe.]
5 years, 4 months, 4 weeks, 1 days, 6 hours, 56 minutes ago
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on:
Tweets by @bigoven