Ready in 1 hour
Our favorite Olive Garden selection!
"OMG the best soup ever. Made it for my family of five. Used a mild Italian sausage, added green beens and corn. I added the hot pepper flacks to my own bowl. Everyone liked it, and for a family of five, that's not easy. One of our favorites. Will have again and again. Yum yum"- 1Baker2Baker
Top-ranked recipe named "Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana"
1. Sautee Italian sausage (you can use hot sausage and omit the red pepper), and crushed red pepper in pot. Drain excess fat, set aside.
2. In the same pan, sautee bacon. When about half way cooked add the onions and garlic. Sautee for approximatly 15 mins. or until the onions are soft.
3. Add the chicken stock and water. Bring to a boil.
4. Cut potatoes in half the long way and slice thin. Add and cook until soft, about half an hour.
5. Add heavy cream and sausage and cook until thoughouly heated.
6. Rough cut the kale removing heavy stalks. Add just before serving. Delicious!
marie0717 4 months ago
boots_solo 1 year ago
Donnacooksnow 1 year agoExcellent! I highly recommend! Also good w mushrooms.
martarobbinsgailushas 1 year agoLoved it!! Only things I did differently was use 1 tsp. of red pepper flakes instead of 1-1/2 (for my kids) and I also substituted collard greens for the kale. Served with breadsticks and a salad....definitely will make again!!
Heatherina 1 year agoThis is a very good recipe. Could not find italian sausage so I used andouille. This mod worked fine. I like it spicy so when I make it again I will double the red pepper.
Love7721 1 year agoQuestion....has anyone had left overs? Made the soup the night before for a potluck? How does the kale work out the next day? Still good?
Rsherlock1958 1 year agoReally spicy, but good... Even Wife, not a spicy food enthusiast, loved it! Will become a regular in our household!
kameronjones 1 year agoI made this for my mom , she loves it and I am making it for her right now too surprise her !!
Calgaryemsgirl 1 year agoLove this! Used extra kale and hot sausage.
1Baker2Baker 1 year agoOMG the best soup ever. Made it for my family of five. Used a mild Italian sausage, added green beens and corn. I added the hot pepper flacks to my own bowl. Everyone liked it, and for a family of five, that's not easy. One of our favorites. Will have again and again. Yum yum