136 people want to try | 393 have favorited
Bread Pudding w/ Whiskey Sauce
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (150 degrees C).
2. In a medium bowl, whip together eggs and sugar. Mix in milk, heavy cream, vanilla extract and cinnamon. Whip until smooth.
3. Arrange bread cubes in a medium baking dish, and top with golden raisins. For best results, layer bread cubes with raisins- for about 3 layers. Cover with the whipped mixture. Allow the bread to become saturated with the mixture.
4. Bake as long as necessary, until lightly browned. In my oven, this runs about 90 minutes.
5. To make the sauce, mix sugar, butter, vanilla extract and corn syrup in a medium saucepan over low heat. Remove from heat when thoroughly blended, and whisk in the rum. Serve warm over bread pudding.
Guest, you can Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
BigOven makes mealtime easy!
You may also enjoy:
Bobbijo3 1 year ago1305 calories per serving???? Really.. Wow
Ittmax 2 years agoVery easy to make and tastes amazing!
msmishka 5 years ago[I posted this recipe.]