Creamy Butternut Squash and Roasted Pear Soup
Roasted butternut squash and pears"Very simple to make, one of the easiest. I put the veggies in the oven on a timer before work and they were done and cool by the time i got home then just prepared the rest in about 10 minutes.
I substituted nonfat sour cream for the cream since its a regular dinner, and it was still delicious! I would use half and half for a dinner party or guests. Note to other cooks - sour cream can separate slightly compared to cream. My husband loved it and so did I! I may make this recipe this coming Thanksgiving rather than pumpkin soup. " - fts003
Yield: 6 Ready in 1 hours, 10 minutes
112 people trying soon
Verified by stevemur
Creamy Butternut Squash and Roasted Pear Soup Preparation
1. Preheat oven to 400F. In a large baking pan, place the onion, pears,thyme, butter, and olive oil. 2. Place the squash halves on top this mixture.
3 .Roast the squash in the oven for about 50 to 60 minutes, until you easily get a fork through the squash.
4. Remove from the oven and let cool. When the squash is cool enough to handle, scrape the squash out of its skin, into a soup pot. Discard the skin.
5. Add the remaining contents of the roasting pan(pears, onion, thyme, and all the juices).
6. Use a burr mixer to smooth the mixture.
7. Add the chicken broth and let simmer on medium-low heat for 10 minutes.
8. Add the cream and stir, simmer for 5-8 minutes.
9. Season with kosher salt and white pepper.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?