41 people want to try | 90 have favorited
1. Combine ground beef, 1 tsp. garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, salt, tomato juice, 2 Tbs. Worcestershire Sauce, and diced onion; mix well (don’t overwork the meat mixture). Shape mixture into four ¼- ½-inch thick oval patties.
2. Heat large heavy non-stick skillet over medium-high heat 3 minutes or until hot (if pan is not heavy, use medium heat.)
3. Place patties into skillet as they are formed; cook 3 minutes per side or until browned. Transfer to plate. Pour off drippings.
4. Melt butter in skillet; add mushrooms. Cook and stir 2 minutes. Add the burgundy, and the remaining Worcestershire sauce and garlic powder; cook one minute. Add sliced onions and gravy; mix well.
5. Return patties to skillet covering with gravy; simmer uncovered over medium heat 2 minutes for medium or until desired doneness, turning meat and stirring sauce.
Guest, you can Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
BigOven makes mealtime easy!
You may also enjoy:
b5avage 3 months agoVery tasty
michellebolhuis 5 months agoMade it with a few changes since we only eat venison I use deer burger and without the fats to hold the patties together I had to add about a 1/2 cup of bread crumbs. This is a great comfort food recipe and we will be making it again. Thanks for sharing.
sgrishka 2 years agoGood basic recipe. We did make a few minor changes to satisfy our tastes. For the steak patties we used grated onion in place of the diced onion and added some chopped fresh parsley. For the mushroom gravy we used diced onion instead of sliced and since we're not big fans of canned or bottled gravies, we chose to make gravy from scratch using homemade beef stock, some dried thyme and a little more chopped fresh parsley (easy to make and better tasting than commercial gravy). The steak patties turned out tender (even with no meat fillers) and nicely flavored. The burgundy added a nice subtle undertone to the mushroom gravy without overpowering it. We served this dish with horseradish mashed potatoes and roasted asparagus for an easy and enjoyable meal.