Rick's Salisbury Steak with Mushroom Wine Sauce
|1 poundground beef (75% - 80% lean)|
|1/2 tspgarlic powder; divided|
|1/2 tsponion powder|
|1/4 tspblack pepper|
|Salt; to taste|
|2 tbstomato juice|
|4 tbsWorcestershire Sauce; divided|
|1 mediumonion; half diced and half sliced|
|1 packagemushrooms; fresh sliced (about 8-oz)|
|3 tbsbutter or margarine|
|2 tbsburgundy wine; (up to 3)|
|1/4 tspgarlic powder|
|1 14.5-oz canbeef gravy|
Rick's Salisbury Steak with Mushroom Wine Sauce Preparation
1. Combine ground beef, 1 tsp. garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, salt, tomato juice, 2 Tbs. Worcestershire Sauce, and diced onion; mix well (don’t overwork the meat mixture). Shape mixture into four ¼- ½-inch thick oval patties.
2. Heat large heavy non-stick skillet over medium-high heat 3 minutes or until hot (if pan is not heavy, use medium heat.)
3. Place patties into skillet as they are formed; cook 3 minutes per side or until browned. Transfer to plate. Pour off drippings.
4. Melt butter in skillet; add mushrooms. Cook and stir 2 minutes. Add the burgundy, and the remaining Worcestershire sauce and garlic powder; cook one minute. Add sliced onions and gravy; mix well.
5. Return patties to skillet covering with gravy; simmer uncovered over medium heat 2 minutes for medium or until desired doneness, turning meat and stirring sauce.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Rick's Salisbury Steak with Mushroom Wine Sauce Reviews
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on:
Tweets by @bigoven