Ready in 1 hour
A simple, mellow chocolate bundt cake that staarts life as a yellow cake mix!
Top-ranked recipe named "Rick's Chocolate Rum Bundt Cake"
1. Combine ingredients in a large mixing bowl using 1/2 cup vegetable oil.
2. Beat ingredients for 10 minutes. Batter should be extremely smooth.
3. Add 1 cup Nestle's chocolate chips and fold into batter. Chocolate chips should be evenly distributed in the batter.
4. Place remaining *1/4 cup vegetable oil in bundt pan (This is in addition to the 1/2 cup in the ingredients above) and roll around to grease the sides. Leave oil in the pan and add batter.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 45 minutes (may vary depending on the size of the pan.)
6. When done, remove from oven and let cool.
7. After cooling completely, put cake on a platter. Now it's ready for the glaze.
8. Melt 1/2 cup (or more depending on your chocolate tastes) of ready made chocolate icing till it's runny (15 to 25 seconds in the microwave works for me.)
9. Pour over the cooled cake so that it is evenly covered with icing.
foodiewoodie 5 years agofollowed recipe, but cake came out denser (combination of eggs, sour cream and too much oil?) and much richer than expected. Best for folks who cannot OD on chocolate... the chocolate and rum seem to fight, rather than complement each other I *like* chocolate, but...
rdelaney46 5 years agoWatch it closely when in gets nearly done as it burns easily. *NOTE: If you want, you can leave out the 1/4 cup of oil and use PAM to grease the pan, especially if it is a non stick bundt pan. Serve at room temperature, chilled from the fridge, or slightly heated from the microwave. It is also great with a HUGE glass of C O L D (Brrrrrrr!) milk! [I posted this recipe.]