Imis Greek Feta Stuffed Chicken
Verified by stevemur
|2 largeChicken Breasts; pressed|
|1/2 WholeBell peppers; chopped|
|2 wholeGarlic; chopped|
|2 largeSun-dried tomatoes; chopped|
|1/2 teaspoonSage; to taste|
|80 gramsLow Fat Feta Cheese; crumbled|
|4 spraysLow Cal Olive Oil Pan Spray; as required|
|1 teaspoonSalt & pepper; to taste|
|3 wholeJalapeno peppers; to taste|
Imis Greek Feta Stuffed Chicken Preparation
1) saute garlic and red bell pepper, in Oil, for about 3 minutes (just enough to"combine" the flavors).
2) Put aside to cool.
3) In a bowl, combine Feta cheese, breadcrumbs, thyme, sun-dried tomatoes, and garlic and red pepper mixture.
4) Toss until well mixed (this will be your "stuffing").
5) Lay a flattened piece of chicken breast on a cutting board or your counter.
6) Put a 1/4 of the above mixture on the flattened chicken breast like you would be making a burrito and roll as tight as you can get it.
7) Secure it with a toothpick or butcher string.
8) Place chicken breast "roll" on a baking sheet, use foil to form a pocket to keep moist while cooking, spray with low cal olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
9) Preheat oven to 176?c.
10) Cook for about 35 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 82?c.
11) I guess you could try it on a grill, but I never attempted it yet!
12) Garnish with Jalapenos *for imi*
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?