Mini French Toast Cupcakes
Delicious breakfasty-type cupcakes with cinnamon cream cheese frosting"These are great....i crumbled up bacon into the batter and in the icing. not good for you but tastes amazing...and they got me out of a speeding ticket. cop pulled me over, took one wif of the cupcakes and straight up asked me for one haha. then he told me to slow down and have a good day haha. (as you will see my picture is of the cupcakes on the front seat of my car)" - MikeUrb
Yield: 48 Ready in 30 minutes
3,548 people trying soon
Mini French Toast Cupcakes Preparation
1. Preheat oven to 350'F and line baking pan with paper liners.
2. Mix together flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a small bowl.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together butter, sugar and eggs until smooth. Make sure the butter is cool or you?ll have scrambled eggs.
4. Whisk in maple extract and then alternate between whisking in flour mixture and milk. Make three additions of flour mix and two of milk. Beat until smooth.
5. Scoop batter into prepared mini-muffin pan and bake 12-14 minutes until golden brown and tops spring back when lightly touched.
6. Cool the cupcakes on a rack for 10 minutes, then remove from pan and cool completely.
Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Makes 3 cups
1 package (8 ounces) reduced fat cream cheese, at room temperature
4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, at room temperature
3 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Place the cream cheese and butter in a large mixing bowl. Blend with an electric mixer on low speed until combined, 30 seconds. Stop the machine. Add the conFectioners' sugar, a little at a time, blend?ing with the mixer on low speed until the sugar is well incorporated, 1 minute. Add the cinnamon, then increase the mixer speed to medium and blend the frost?ing until fluffy, 1 minute more.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?