Imis Portuguese Paella
beautiful dish and finally happy with the recipe so give it a try"In Portugal, this dish is called "Arroz á Valenciana" ... which is indeed a variation on Paella ... Portuguese Paella. I'm about to cook this. Will let you know how it turns out." - NandoEmBrooklyn
Yield: 2 Ready in 40 minutes
15 people trying soon
|2 wholeChicken breast; chopped|
|2 wholeSausages; sliced|
|100 gramsShrimp; peeled and divined|
|1/3 teaspoonRosemary; to taste|
|1/2 teaspoondried rosemary; optional|
|1/2 teaspoonBlack pepper; to taste|
|1/3 teaspoonPaprika; to taste|
|1/8 teaspoonSaffron; to taste|
|200 millilitersChicken bouillon; (x2 oxo) as required|
|2 wholeGarlic; minced|
|1 wholeOnion; chopped|
|1 teaspoonSalt; to taste|
|2 teaspoonsCanola Oil; as required|
|110 gramsBrown rice; or Paella Rice (dry), as required|
|1 wholeBell pepper; chopped|
|150 gramsfrozen peas; thawed|
|1 wholeTomato; diced|
|1 tinTomatoes; as required|
Imis Portuguese Paella Preparation
1. Sprinkle chicken with rosemary, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and black pepper, also preheat oven to 200c.
2. Heat oil in a large oven proof nonstick skillet or paella pan over medium-high heat.
3. Add chicken; cook for 3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
4. Remove chicken from pan cover and keep warm, can leave chicken in the pan just add other meat before chicken fully browns.
5. Add chopped sausages and cook until lightly browned
6. Add onion and bell pepper; cook for 7 minutes, stirring constantly.
7. Add rice, tin of tomatoes, paprika, saffron and garlic; cook for 1 minute stirring constantly.
8. Return chicken to pan if it has been taken out.
9. Add broth and 1/2 teaspoon of salt; bring to boil, add additional water if mixture too dry.
10. once boiling reduce to a simmer and cover for 20 mins
11. Stir in shrimp and peas.
12. Put into oven and bake on 170c for 20 mins covered, check periodically to make sure is not too dry, add water if needed
12. bake untill shrimps and meat are cooked.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?