Imis Portuguese Kale Soup
Adapted dish, used the ingredients i could and made the best of what was the original recipe very yummy you can also substitute chorizo for turkey if you wish
Yield: 2 Ready in 1 hours, 10 minutes
14 people trying soon
|1/2 tspcanola oil; as required|
|1 wholeGarlic; chopped|
|1 wholeOnion; diced|
|60 gramsCarrot; diced|
|1/3 wholeSwede; diced|
|1/3 wholeKale / Pointed White Cabbafe; steamed & chopped|
|100 gramsChorizo; optional|
|4 wholeBay leaf; to taste|
|2 tbspfresh parsley; to taste|
|1 tbspfresh thyme; to taste|
|750 mililiterVegetable stock; as required|
|120 gramsBlack beans; as required|
|1 tinnedTomatoes; as required|
|9 smallBaby potatoes; as required|
Imis Portuguese Kale Soup Preparation
1) heat oil over a medium heat, add garlic, onion, swede, carrots, cook for five mins stirring constantly
2) add cabbage, chorizo, bay leaves, parsley, thyme and keep mixing, add any additional veg here.
3) add vegetable stock, beans, tomatoes, and bring to the boil, once boiling reduce heat to a simmer for 40-60 mins, cover the pan and allow ingredients to mix
4) in a seperate pan boil the potatoes with salt water, cook until tender but still firm, add potatoes to the soup at the end of the cooking process.
5) remove bay leaves and serve.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?