Ready in 1 hour
Adapted dish, used the ingredients i could and made the best of what was the original recipe very yummy you can also substitute chorizo for turkey if you wish
Top-ranked recipe named "Imis Portuguese Kale Soup"
1) heat oil over a medium heat, add garlic, onion, swede, carrots, cook for five mins stirring constantly
2) add cabbage, chorizo, bay leaves, parsley, thyme and keep mixing, add any additional veg here.
3) add vegetable stock, beans, tomatoes, and bring to the boil, once boiling reduce heat to a simmer for 40-60 mins, cover the pan and allow ingredients to mix
4) in a seperate pan boil the potatoes with salt water, cook until tender but still firm, add potatoes to the soup at the end of the cooking process.
5) remove bay leaves and serve.
NicoleJLeBoeuf 5 years agoThis is delicious! I have an overabundance of kale to use up, and this is a great way to use that two-week old bunch that I thought was beyond hope. I used pre-cooked andouille instead of chorizo, turnips instead of swedes, pinto instead of black beans, and the remains of a small can of tomato paste. That's what was in the house. I wonder, though, given the short amount of cooking time recommended, if the beans called for in the recipe were meant to be the canned sort, rather than dry?
nojuggles 5 years ago[I made edits to this recipe.]
nojuggles 5 years agois a delicous soup you can use sweet potatoes instead of new potatoes if you prefer, makes lots and is filling [I posted this recipe.]